- Apple 2
- Eggs 2
- Castor sugar 150 grams
- Vanilla essence 1 ½ tsp
- Butter 75 gms
- Milk 75 ml
- Flour 125 grams
- Baking powder 2 ½ tsp
- Cinnamon powder ½ tsp
- Icing sugar 2 tsp
- Strawberries 4-5 (optional)
- Whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence together in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in the milk on a slow fire, and once melted add to the egg mixture.
- Follow by folding the flour, cinnamon powder, and baking powder into the batter.
- Peel the apples and slice them thin.
- Take a baking tin and line with butter paper.
- Pour the batter into the tin and then add the apple slices and strawberries (optional).
- Sprinkle with some icing sugar.
- Bake the cake for 40-45 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Serve warm on its own or with some good old fashioned vanilla ice cream.
By : Nandita Abbey
Gourmet Chef based in New Delhi
Chef and co-founder for “Herb Garden” a catering firm specializing in a variety of cuisines including Italian, Greek, Lebanese and Kashmiri food.