Winter season is on its way. What can make us warm inside. By keeping in this mind we brought a special recipe for our readers. Kashmiri Kahwa Tea is a traditional Kashmiri tea recipe. This hot beverage recipe is made using water,cinnamon and cardamom garnished with almonds. It is a perfect drink to have on a chillly winter day, Try out this soothing quick recipe.
- 4 tsp kashmiri green tea leaves
- 1/4 tsp saffron (kesar) strands
- 1 small piece cinnamon (dalchini)
- 2 cardamoms (elaichi), slightly crushed
- 2 cloves (laung / lavang)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds (badam)
For The Garnish a few saffron (kesar) strands
METHOD TO PREPARE
- Combine the saffron strands and 1 tbsp of warm water in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a saucepan, add the cinnamon stick , cardamom, cloves and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for approx. 3 to 4 minutes.
- Lower the flame, add the Kashmiri green tea leaves, mix well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Strain the tea in a deep bowl using a strainer.
- Transfer the mixture into a saucepan, add the saffron water mixture and almonds, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
Now its ready and serve immediately