NEW TWIST ON OLD RECIPES – Stuffed Idli
- Idli batter 2 cups
- Potato boiled 1big(mashed)
- Onion finely chopped 1 small
- Curry leaves 4/5
- Rye seeds 1/4th tsp
- Turmeric 1/4tsp
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan and add the rye seeds and curry leaves. Let them splutter.
- Add the onions and cook till brown stirring constantly.
- Add the mashed potatoes to the mix. Add salt and garam masala, and mix well.
- Keep aside
- Grease the Idli molds and put a bit of the stuffing mixture (about 1 tsp ) in the center. Add the Idli mix on top of it.
- Steam the idlis for 10 minutes
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
You can add a Mexican twist to the recipe by changing the stuffing!
- Stuffing Ingredients
- Finely chopped onions 1 small,
- Finely chopped red/yellow peppers about 1 cup
- Sweet corn 2 tbsp
- Grated cheddar cheese ½ cup
- Taco seasoning. 1tsp
- Red chili powder 1tsp
Mix well together and use as stuffing mix for idlis.
Serve hot with salsa
BY: SUVEERA SHARMA
Suveera is a food blogger and writer. She is passionate about cooking and experimenting with food. A vegetarian all her life, she now offers vegan and vegetarian food consultations.