Rabri Cake – Eggless
- I cup fine flour
- 3 tbsp yoghurt
- 1/3 cup oil/or butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 ground sugar
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/3 cup milk (you may change it to 1/2 cup to adjust consistency)
- 2 cups of Milk
- 2 table spoons of Custard/corn starch
- Mixed Nuts (Pistachios, almonds, cashews)
- Vanilla essence
- Green cardamom powder
- Rose petals to garnish
- Add all the wet ingredients (Yoghurt, oil milk) and ground sugar in a mixing bowl, beat until they mix with each other.
- Sieve the dry ingredients (Fine flour, baking powder and baking Soda), and add in the mixture mentioned in step 1 above.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest and mix well.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Put the prepared cake batter in a baking tin and bake at 180 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- Heat the milk in a pan, add sugar and let it boil to reduce it.
- Take two tablespoons of custard powder or cornstarch, add in room temperature milk, and mix well without any lumps. Add this slurry in the boiling milk in step 1 of rabri.
- Add ground nuts and let it simmer
- Add flavorings (cardamom powder /vanilla essence)
- Prick the Cake with fork when it is still warm, pour the prepared rabri, a little at a time, and let it seep into the warm cake.
- Garnish with pistachio and rose petals