Seema’s Skin Kitchen – OYASUMI GOODNIGHT GREEN TEA SKIN SCRUB
Did you know that green tea is a well-kept Japanese topical skincare secret that is jam packed with antioxidants, antiinflammatory, and antibacterial properties? Drinking green tea is a wonderful means to speed up your metabolism and keep your skin looking healthy.
Here in our skin kitchen we love our “do it yourself “recipe for this “Oyasumi おやすみ” Goodnight Green Tea skin scrub . It is gentle, creamy and when combined with a few drops of therapeutic grade lavender oil, it will not only make your skin squeaky clean, but also leave it nourished and smooth, and give you a good night’s sleep!
What more can one ask for?
- 6 mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons mashed avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6-8 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 drops of therapeutic, medical grade lavender essential oil
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed green tea
- Enough coconut oil to bring this together into a thick spreading like consistency, scrub away and leave on for 8-10 minutes and rinse.
- Mint – Brightens, soothes, tones the skin
- Green Tea – Anti- inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. Helps with acne
- Avocado – Antioxidant and vitamin rich, avocado helps nourish and imparts that dewy glow
- Lemon juice – Brimming with vitamin C, it helps revive dull, dry skin
- Coconut oil – Moisturising and healing
- Brown sugar – Humectant, helps preserve moisture
- Honey – Antiseptic and antibacterial properties
- Lavender oil – Calming, relaxing and soothing